Go to the Azure App registration page and click the New registration button
On the next page, enter your application's registration information:
- Name - Enter a meaningful application name that will be displayed to your users. Most of the time this should be your company's name.
- Supported account types - Select Accounts in any organizational directory and personal Microsoft accounts
- You can select other options if they are more relevant for you. This option supports the broadest user base.
- Redirect URI -
After your app is created, select API permissions in the sidebar.
Select Add a permission > Microsoft Graph > Delegated Permissions and choose:
If your app only needs read access to files, you can select
Files.ReadWrite.All. In this case you should update your scopes in the Apideck dashboard to match these permissions.
Go to Certificates & secrets > Client secrets and select New client secret.
Enter a description and select an expiry time. After the secret is generated, make note of the Value and Secret ID for later use. You will not be able to retrieve the value after leaving this page.
Head over to the Apideck dashboard for OneDrive, select Use your client credentials and enter your credentials.
- Client ID: Application ID or the Secret ID of the client secret in Azure
- Client Secret: Value of the client secret in Azure NOTE: Don't use the
Note: double check that you copied the correct values from Step 4 since OneDrive calls the Client ID the Secret ID, which can confuse
Go back to your app in Azure and select Branding & properties. Complete the app with your company's icon, description and more.
What causes the OAuthCodeExchangeError OneDrive error?
An OAuthCodeExchangeError happens when there is a mismatch of the custom credentials configured on the OneDrive connector in Apideck.
It's a common error to copy the wrong settings to the Client ID and Client secret when setting up the OneDrive connector for the first time. Double check that you copied the right values from Step 4. The Client Secret refers to the Value and not the Secret ID when creating the Client Secret.